www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 13 September 2011

134th entry...a blustery day!

Purlieu New Forest 2011

Heather in the Autumn 2011
We went on a 'sketch' en plein air.........in the Forest!  What a lovely time!
These sketch watercolours were achieved sitting on the ground with my paints nestled in the heather! They are straight painting - no initial pencil sketching....I love that freedom that you get with just paint on paper then the pen or charcoal on the top.  I feel so much freer ....



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009