www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 9 November 2010

16th entry....sooooooooooooo cold and rainy today!!!

Been out at work for a lot of the day and now the light is fading...AND my art room is cold!
So these two sad entries of art work are all I have...however I have been thinking through my strategies of work, and this is what I have come up with - pastels, use the same colours, in crayons though not sticks... that I use for my watercolour pallet and ONLY about ten....very little blending, and use the same composition that I will use for my watercolours...see how this works!
Also - have been thinking through my 'jigsaw series' structure and shall try developing it to suit more compositions! - straight washed as well as blended... you get my jist...!

Jigsaw series - 'Christmas tree'

Jigsaw series - 'Rabbits'


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009