www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 3 May 2011

95th entry

This is the May flower with more maybe to come...
pJigsaw series - Honeysuckle 2011
17th century diarist Samuel Pepys called it 'the trumpet flower' whose bugles 'blow scent instead of sound'...also called woodbine.
The romantic associations were that if honeysuckle is brought into the house, a wedding will follow, and that its flower when placed in a girl's bedroom will bring her dreams of love...
Reader's Digest
How romantic is that!
So I wish you good morning, and will update you on my progress of my wet-on-wet soon....time seems to slip through my fingers - aaaaah!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009