www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Monday 15 February 2016

208 entry....

And now we are speeding through 2016 frighteningly fast...

A birthday card for a very lovely lady! This is her riding the horse. Very proud!

A birthday card for my beautiful girlie!


This painting was achieved using a limited palette of cerulean blue, burnt sienna, burnt umber and titian white waterbased oils. I only wanted to achieve the feeling of the moment with the couple and so stopped at the detail.
Have I succeeded - yes I feel happy with the result.
Why do I like it..
I enjoy the gentle colours.  The connection between the couple is apparent and I can feel them talking with each other.
What could be developed...
Detail - as in the hands could be improved and maybe one more pigment added.. but which one, is what I shall think on - warm I think!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009