www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday 9 March 2011

86th entry...

March and the 'wood Anemone' is out...


Wood Anemone

Walking in the woods in Spring, one  may be rewarded by the sight of the delicate flowers nodding gently in the breeze.
The other name is 'wind flower' so called, according to the Greek writer ' 'Pliny', because the flowers will not open until the wind blows.
Also known as the 'smell  foxes' as the smell is not as attractive as their appearance!

and guess who went horse riding today!!! Me.... and although I was particularly pathetic, I am going again, and again...we went along the road and then into some woods.  It was magic!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009