www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Saturday 23 October 2010

Today is the first day towards my future as an artist...

I am starting a diary on my development in art....to make me sketch more... want to share my love of art and get opinions from other like minded people; so if you are out there please join in and give your opinion - or set me a painting challenge!!!!!

This is my 'jigsaw series' that I am working on....
I love my watercolours with charcoal - have used them for years and years.  I love the wet in wet and blending of colours....

A sketch a day keeps frustration at bay!!!!

This is a watercolour and charcoal of a chicken we saw at a holiday farm we stayed at in Durham a few weeks ago...
'Chicken on the farm' - 2010
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk

...and so at the end of a productive day...
'Jigsaw series - New Forest ponies' 2010

....this is what I have achieved.  Am I happy? Yeah! I was more patient with it than the other two that I laboured over.....Being chillier, the watercolour took longer to dry, before applying the charcoal. Ended up putting it on the rayburn.......
...onwards to another day!!!





1 comment:

Artist diary by Sarah Orchard said...

I am writing to myself to say 'Well done on achieving some art today' - I always feels so tired afterwards, but I feel that I have done quite well with it!!!!

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009