www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday 8 June 2011

105th entry.....

getting things together...am working on my 2 exhibitions...have got my art classes up and running! Booklet - I need to work on our booklet....
Here is my flower for June....the beautiful dog-rose.....
Symbol of the British Monarchy...16Century /herbalist Gerard, gave it 'the most principal place among all flowers whatsoever' should be called 'Dog' suggesting of 'no worth'
ancient Greeks called it the wild dog rose as they believed it could cure a man bitten by a mad dog...
A vigorous climber!
Jigsaw series  - 'Dog-rose'
PP Reader's Digest 
So there you have it...next job - lunch then sort out payment for the use of the halls for my classes!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009