www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk


MY WEBSITE
www.sarahorchardfinearts.co.uk
CONTACT
sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 6 September 2011

131st entry....What a rainy, blustery day today has been!

These are the studies that I did in Jersey.  I have put them all on one day as I feel it was so long ago, I would stretch it out putting one on every day!

Phillipa sunbathing - 2011

The arbour in the garden - 2011

Steps down to the pool - 2011

Post card home - 2011

Seagulls - 2011

Cow parsley - 2011

Cow parsley 2 - 2011
So...I love the one of the arbour...the colours are mine and the paint flows!
People seem to enjoy the first one - which shows the bay in St Hellier. I find it slightly too fussy - I need to reduce down my 'jigsaw' marks! Seagulls were really quickly achieved - while they flew by actually....
and the cow parsley ...I love it at the side of the road with the blue sky behind...every year I promise to paint it and so achieved this year...however ...I feel there is a lot of room for improvement!!! The stalks are too think, and I need to capture more of a mood and not put so many mark in it!
I achieve more work each year - so for that I am very pleased...
Am enjoying very much using watercolours straight, without a preliminary pencil sketch...it is so liberating!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Art has always been an integral part of my life. At the age of 50 I was able to complete a long awaited foundation course and HNC/HND. From this experience I have developed my love of pastel and watercolour. Rubens has always inspired me with his fluidity of movement; Degas and Lautrec I admire with their rough marks and blends of colour,their freshness of approach. I feel I have been given a talent for a reason and gradually the purpose shall unfold... sarah.orchard54@hotmail.co.uk Note: Images are Copyright Sarah Orchard © 2009